South Australia & Northern Territory Branch
Patron: His Excellency, the Honourable Hieu Van Le AC, Governor of South Australia
Meetings and Activities
Branch meetings are held on the third Friday of each month (except January)
Venue: Avoca Hotel, 893 South Road, Clarence Gardens SA 5039
News & Information
- Branch Calendar 2019.Download
- Paul Rosenzweig Interview: Cadets on Air & NMBVA HistorianRead
- John D Tassell Commemoration ServiceRead
- Graveside Ceremony for Signalman J D Tassell, 6 April 2019Download
- More "Selby" Radio Interviews. Brian Selby speaks about the "Forgotten Wars".Read
- 2018 Commemoration of Malayan EmergencyReadorDownload
- Observation Post Newsletter January — February 2018.ReadorDownload
- SA & NT Branch President Brian Selby announces grant for new memorial and bronze plaques.Read
- New Memorabilia Embroidered Patches AvailableRead
- Proposed AWM Visit October 2017.ReadorDownload
- New Memorial Unveiling & Dedication Invitation.ReadorDownload
- 2018 Warning Order advance notice of the arrangements for ANZAC Day 2018.ReadorDownload
- Roy “Doc” Savages’ Diaries A personal record of a soldier's time served in Malaya.ReadorDownload
- 2016 Annual General Meeting 19 August 2016 President's Report.ReadorDownload
- 50th Anniversary Tour 2016 Report.ReadorDownload
- Branch 2015 Christmas Lunch Photos.VieworDownload
- Malaysia Liaison Report 2015.ReadorDownload
- Commemorating the 100th. Anniversary of Gallipoli - 25th. April 2015.Download
- The 50th Anniversary of the Embarkation of HMAS Sydney."Australian veterans of secret conflict honoured." Reported in the "Navy Daily" article 28th May 2014.ReadorDownload
Secretary: Vacant TBA, default Brian Selby
Public Affairs Officer: Major Paul Rosenzweig (ret'd)
Branch Advocate: Vacant
Branch Auditor: Ken Seymour
Catering: Chris Selby & Jenny Cameron
BBQ Coordinator: Jenny Cameron
Membership Form.DownloadMembership categories are:
ORDINARY - ex Services members.
ASSOCIATE - Family.
SOCIAL - Friends 18+
JUNIOR - under 18
ANNUAL Subscriptions are due on 1 January, or with new Membership Applications.
There are well established Branches, representing all States and Territories, who conduct regular meetings, social functions and Remembrance Services.
Membership is open to all Australian and Allied ex Armed Forces personnel who served in the prescribed areas of Malaya, Malaysia, Sabah, Sarawak, the ThaiMalay Border, Brunei, Ubon, and Singapore during WW2, 1948-1960 The Malayan Emergency, 1962-1966 The Indonesian Confrontation, and post 1966 on the Peninsular and East Timor.
Widows, widowers, family and friends are very welcome.
There is an annual service held in Malaysia at Batu Gajah, Syed Putra and now Taiping where we rediscovered grave sites of some Australian and Allied servicemen who were KIA, DOW and DOI during the Malayan Emergency. There are also some Australian dependents buried there.