Queensland & Brisbane Branch
Patron: Lieutenant Colonel (Ret.) Brian Avery
Meetings and Activities
The Queensland & Brisbane Branch meets on a monthly schedule, commencing on the 28th. February, at theWynnum R.S.L. located in Tingal Road. Starting time 11am.
- Tuesday, 27th.February
- Tuesday 27th. March
- Wednesday, 25th. April - ANZAC Day Luncheon atNew Farm Bowls Club. (No meeting)
- Tuesday, 22nd. May
- Tuesday, 26th. June
- Tuesday, 24th. July
- Tuesday, 28th. August - Luncheon/meeting and A.G.M.
- Friday, 31st. August - Malaya and Borneo Veterans’ Commemoration Day
- Tuesday, 25th. September
- Tuesday, 23rd. October
- Sunday 11th. November - Remembrance Day.
- Tuesday, 27th. November
- Saturday 15th. December - Christmas Party.
Dates of bus trips to be advised. (Please give suggestions to David Brewer)
News & Information
- Contact Newsletter Issue 36 - February 2018 NewsletterReadorDownload.
- Notice of Kenneth John Wieland's PassingDownloada copy of the notice.
- The Qld & Brisbane Branch Booklet 2017.Downloadyour copy.
- The sad passing of Len Dixon on 15 October 2016.DownloadPres. Allen Edwards notice.
- QLD member Mrs Marjory Hayes awarded OAM.ReadorDownload.
- Remembering 'The Forgotten Wars' - Article by Dell ShearsReadorDownload
- President: Allen Edwards Ph 07 3396 6705
- Vice Pres: David Brewer Ph: 07 3273 3721 Mob: 0404 880 755
- Secretary / Treasurer: TBA
- Assistant Secretary: Betty Brewer
- Communications Officer: Peter Anderson Ph: 0413 354 479
- Pension & Welfare Officer: Ron Virgen O.A.M. Ph: 07 3267 0249
- Merchandise Officer: David Brewer Ph: 07 3273 3721 Mob: 0404 880 755
- Editor HUBUNGAN: Peter Anderson Ph: 0413 354 479
Written Correspondence: The Secretary, PO Box 86, Wynnum, QLD 4178
Membership categories are:
ORDINARY - ex Services members.
ASSOCIATE - Family.
SOCIAL - Friends 18+
JUNIOR - under 18
ANNUAL Subscriptions are due on 1 January, or with new Membership Applications.
There are well established Branches, representing all States and Territories, who conduct regular meetings, social functions and Remembrance Services.
Membership is open to all Australian and Allied ex Armed Forces personnel who served in the prescribed areas of Malaya, Malaysia, Sabah, Sarawak, the ThaiMalay Border, Brunei, Ubon, and Singapore during WW2, 1948-1960 The Malayan Emergency, 1962-1966 The Indonesian Confrontation, and post 1966 on the Peninsular and East Timor.
Widows, widowers, family and friends are very welcome.
There is an annual service held in Malaysia at Batu Gajah, Syed Putra and now Taiping where we rediscovered grave sites of some Australian and Allied servicemen who were KIA, DOW and DOI during the Malayan Emergency. There are also some Australian dependents buried there.