Patron: Scott Bacon MP
Meetings and Activities
Branch meetings are held on the 3rd. Friday of each month at 11:00 hrs at theClaremont RSL, 9 Bilton St, Claremont TAS 7011
- Friday, 15th. February Meeting Claremont RSL
- Friday, 15th. March Meeting Claremont RSL
- Thursday, 25th. April - ANZAC Day Claremont RSL
- Friday, 17th. May Meeting Claremont RSL
- Friday, 21st. June Lunch Meeting Claremont RSL
- Friday, 19th. July Meeting Claremont RSL
- Friday, 16th. August Lunch Meeting Claremont RSL
- Friday, 20th. September Meeting Claremont RSL
- Friday, 18th. October AGM Meeting Claremont RSL
- Friday, 15th. November Meeting Claremont RSL
- Christmas Lunch TBA
Occasional social lunches are arranged throughout the year.
The venues & dates are decided at branch meetings and details will be announced here when known.
Viewthe National "Live" Calendar of Meetings & Events.
News & Information
- Tasmanian Branch & 2 Members Recognised For Volunteer Work. Marg Hughes & Barb Challenger receive certificates of appreciation from Hobart City Council.View
- Photos Of The Tasmanian Branch 2017 BBQ.View
- Japanese Forces In Dutch Borneo - Instrument of Surrender. Copy of the original "Instrument of Surrender" provided by Margaret Hughes.View
- Photos Of The Branch 2013 BBQ.View
- Newsletter September 2012.ReadorDownload
- Photos Of The Branch 2012 Christmas Party.View
- Newsletter June 2011.ReadorDownload
Vice President: June Burnett
Secretary: Margaret Hughes
Assistant Secretary: Anita Priest
Treasurer: Kevin Kringle
Assistant Treasurer: Anita Priest
Almoner: Margaret Hughes Ph: (03) 6249 8812
Membership Form.DownloadMembership categories are:
ORDINARY - ex Services members.
ASSOCIATE - Family.
SOCIAL - Friends 18+
JUNIOR - under 18
ANNUAL Subscriptions are due on 1 January, or with new Membership Applications.
There are well established Branches, representing all States and Territories, who conduct regular meetings, social functions and Remembrance Services.
Membership is open to all Australian and Allied ex Armed Forces personnel who served in the prescribed areas of Malaya, Malaysia, Sabah, Sarawak, the ThaiMalay Border, Brunei, Ubon, and Singapore during WW2, 1948-1960 The Malayan Emergency, 1962-1966 The Indonesian Confrontation, and post 1966 on the Peninsular and East Timor.
Widows, widowers, family and friends are very welcome.
There is an annual service held in Malaysia at Batu Gajah, Syed Putra and now Taiping where we rediscovered grave sites of some Australian and Allied servicemen who were KIA, DOW and DOI during the Malayan Emergency. There are also some Australian dependents buried there.