Meetings and Activities
The Victoria Branch meets at 10:30am on the 1st. Tuesday of the month (Except November) commencing on the 7th. February 2017. All meetings will be at:Batman's Hill on Collins cnr. Collins & Spencer St. Melbourne
- Saturday, 11th. November - Remembrance Day Commemoration
- Tuesday, 14th. November
- Tuesday, 5th. December - Christmas Party
Occasional social meetings may be arranged throughout the year.
The venues & dates are decided at branch meetings and details will be announced here when known.
Viewthe National "Live" Calendar of Meetings & Events.
News & Information
- Service to mark the 75th Anniversary of the fall of Singapore.Read
- A Special Gift for John Oreagan.Read
- Marching With Grandad by Rex Bain's Granddaughter.Read
- Photos Of Members At The Shrine Service for the Malaya & Borneo Veterans Day 2014.View
- A Veteran Jungle Soldier Returns To Malaya To Remember His Fallen Comrades.
Article by Arthur Seddon.ReadorDownload
- JOM Magazine Article About The 2014 ANZAC Day March in Melbourne.Visit
- Photos of Victorian NMBVAA members at the 2014 ANZAC Day Commemoration.View
- Photos of NMBVAA members at the pre-ANZAC Day march in Werribee.View
- NMBVAA Wreath Laying Remenberance Day 2013. Photos of the Wreath Laying Ceremony, held at the Springvale War Cemetery.View
- JOM Magazine Article. About The Malaya and Borneo Veterans Service, held at the Thomas Carr College on 30th. August 2013.Visit
- Photos Of The Branch 2012 Christmas Party.View
Membership Form.DownloadMembership categories are:
ORDINARY - ex Services members.
ASSOCIATE - Family.
SOCIAL - Friends 18+
JUNIOR - under 18
ANNUAL Subscriptions are due on 1 January, or with new Membership Applications.
The NMBVAA Inc was established in Australia in June 1995. There are well established Branches in all States and Territories holding regular meetings, socials, and Remembrance Services.
Membership is open to all Australian and Allied ex Armed Forces personnel who served in the prescribed areas of Malaya, Malaysia, Sabah, Sarawak, the ThaiMalay Border, Brunei, Ubon, and Singapore during WW2, 1948-1960 The Malayan Emergency, 1962-1966 The Indonesian Confrontation, and post 1966 on the Peninsular and East Timor.
Widows, widowers, family and friends are very welcome.
There is an annual service held in Malaysia at Batu Gajah, Syed Putra and now Taiping where we rediscovered grave sites of some Australian and Allied servicemen who were KIA, DOW and DOI during the Malayan Emergency. There are also some Australian dependents buried there.