South Australia & Northern Territory Branch
Patron: Hon. Hieu Van Le Ac - Governor Of South Australia
Meetings and Activities
Branch meetings are held on the 3rd. Friday of each month commencing on 19th. February at 1100 hrs
Venue:RSL Avoca Hotel, 893 South Rd, Clarence Gardens SA 5039
- Friday, 20th. October
- Saturday, 11th. November - Remembrance Day Commemoration
- Friday, 17th. November - Guest
- Saturday, 9th. December - Christmas Lunch
Plus invitations and functions from kindred ESO's
Viewthe National "Live" Calendar of Meetings & Events.
News & Information
- 2018 Commemoration of Malayan EmergencyReadorDownload
- Observation Post Newsletter January — February 2018.ReadorDownload
- SA & NT Branch President Brian Selby announces grant for new memorial and bronze plaques.Read
- New Memorabilia Embroidered Patches AvailableRead
- Proposed AWM Visit October 2017.ReadorDownload
- New Memorial Unveiling & Dedication Invitation.ReadorDownload
- Branch Calendar 2017.Download
- 2018 Warning Order advance notice of the arrangements for ANZAC Day 2018.ReadorDownload
- Roy “Doc” Savages’ Diaries A personal record of a soldier's time served in Malaya.ReadorDownload
- The "Selby" Radio Interviews. Brian Selby speaks about the "Forgotten Wars".Read
- 2016 Annual General Meeting 19 August 2016 President's Report.ReadorDownload
- 50th Anniversary Tour 2016 Report.ReadorDownload
- Branch 2015 Christmas Lunch Photos.VieworDownload
- Malaysia Liaison Report 2015.ReadorDownload
- Commemorating the 100th. Anniversary of Gallipoli - 25th. April 2015.Download
- The 50th Anniversary of the Embarkation of HMAS Sydney."Australian veterans of secret conflict honoured." Reported in the "Navy Daily" article 28th May 2014.ReadorDownload
- Australian Rifle Company Butterworth.Read
Secretary: Vacant TBA, default Brian Selby
Di Davies Ph: 08 8382 6069
Beryl Kearns Ph: 08 8252 2819
Branch Advocate: Ray Duthie
Branch Auditor: Ken Seymour
Catering: Di Davies, Chris Selby & Jenny Cameron
BBQ Coordinator: Jenny Cameron
Membership Form.DownloadMembership categories are:
ORDINARY - ex Services members.
ASSOCIATE - Family.
SOCIAL - Friends 18+
JUNIOR - under 18
ANNUAL Subscriptions are due on 1 January, or with new Membership Applications.
The NMBVAA Inc was established in Australia in June 1995. There are well established Branches in all States and Territories holding regular meetings, socials, and Remembrance Services.
Membership is open to all Australian and Allied ex Armed Forces personnel who served in the prescribed areas of Malaya, Malaysia, Sabah, Sarawak, the ThaiMalay Border, Brunei, Ubon, and Singapore during WW2, 1948-1960 The Malayan Emergency, 1962-1966 The Indonesian Confrontation, and post 1966 on the Peninsular and East Timor.
Widows, widowers, family and friends are very welcome.
There is an annual service held in Malaysia at Batu Gajah, Syed Putra and now Taiping where we rediscovered grave sites of some Australian and Allied servicemen who were KIA, DOW and DOI during the Malayan Emergency. There are also some Australian dependents buried there.